K1 Visa Attorney

Contact Us
K1 Visa Attorney At Law | Dallas Attorney | KGW Law Firm

Looking for a K1 visa attorney to help you process your fiancé’s visa? Look no further than KGW Law for your needs. At KGW Law Firm, we understand that it can be challenging to file for a spousal visa as it differs from any other immigrant visa, but it is not impossible. We have K1 visa attorneys who are here to hold your hand every step of the way and maintain a good attorney client relationship as you file for the visa.

About the K1 Visa

A K1 visa will allow your non-American fiancé to come to the United States and marry a citizen and eventually adjust their status to become a permanent resident of the US. As the fiancé and a US citizen, you are expected to initiate the K1 visa. The initiation is done by filing form I-129F with the USCIS-United States Citizenship and Immigration Services. The USCIS approves the petition and then forwards it to the National visa center before it is sent to a US embassy abroad.

On the other end, the foreign national will be expected to present some documentation and attend an interview at the embassy and get their K1 visa.

The visa will be valid for half a year to allow the other fiancé to travel to the US. Once this happens, the couple is expected to get married. They will then petition for the adjustment of the status.

While it may seem like a pretty straightforward process, there may be challenges along the way and in the end, the partner may be denied the chance to travel to the United States on a spousal visa. To help reduce the risk of visa denial, many couples employ the help of a fiancé visa lawyer. This type of immigration attorney is especially helpful if you are going through a consular process such as a K1 petition. A coach can help you know what is needed to maximize your chances of getting fiancé visas and marrying and staying with your fiancé in the US.

Requirements for a Fiancé Visa Interview

How an Experienced Immigration Lawyer Can Help Your Case

While the US Citizenship and Immigration Services may not require you as a US citizen petitioner to have a lawyer for your fiancé visa process. However, these attorneys can be of immense help since they understand immigration law. They can be helpful in helping fill out the forms needed for the process correctly, you submit the right documents on time and you do not experience any unnecessary delays when your case is being processed. They can also help you with your application for a CR1 marriage visa and when your partner needs to become a legal permanent resident. Each case is different, which is why we value attorney-client relationships and work on each foreign citizen fiancé visa according to your needs. Therefore, knowing your case is in good hands will help you in the long term. Reach out to us at KGW Law Firm today for all your needs.

Call Us


Get Your First Consultation